Friday, July 29, 2011

Been a few days since I blogged

Well, I've been quite busy here at home.  Gee, I'm glad I'm retired.  I love being able to work from home at something I really like doing--medical transcription.

I have been cleaning some more and repairing my upstairs bathroom.  So this makes carpets (paths where I can get to them), downstairs bathroom, kitchen, TV room, and living room almost done.  Things are looking better, as good as can be expected at this time.

Thanks to Lena Louise Wickham, one of my nieces, we got half the bathroom done and are going to work next month to see what else we can do in there to fix up before I paint.  Jeff wants woodwork back to original color.  I don't know if I'm up to tackling that or not.  Lena Louise says we would have to strip the paint off that's on there and that stinks badly.  Small room, hot, no screen on window in bathroom, don't know if I want to do that under the circumstances.  Instead will check out paint colors; maybe can get something in a brown that will suffice under the circumstances and get it darker instead of white around the window and on the doorway.

I wanted to paint a light blue, but I don't think Jeff is going to go along with that.  I started painting a pink shelf dark blue today.  He finished it up and broke the news to me that the newspaper stuck to the legs, so I'm thinking horrible deal--he thinks it will soak off--I'm thinking yes and the paint will come off with the newspaper.  Tomorrow will check that ugly situation out.  Hoping for the best but expecting the worst in that deal.  Needed to wait until less windy day to paint the legs so wind didn't carry so much paint away.  Paint one side, let it dry 10 minutes, turn it over and paint the other side but that's not what he did, unfortunately.  So I'm feeling uptight and frustrated right now.  Hoping it won't be as bad as it sounds like it will be.  He also said something about not getting full coverage but doesn't think it will show.  Yes, it will show.  Grrr.

Also the underside of shelves needed painted as well.  I'm almost certain he didn't do that.  Again he says it won't show.  Yes it will.  May have to make another trip to Wally World to get more paint tomorrow.  Don't think I have quite enough money either and don't know if he will give me any money for paint as he has already stated his opinion that it doesn't matter if it's not painted right.  Feel my blood pressure rising.  lol

I will just have to keep everyone posted. 

Haven't gotten any more of mom's tapes transcribed yet.  Jeff has to work tomorrow, Sunday and some Saturday--maybe when it's quiet I can work on that again.  

That's all that's on my mind right now.  Talk more later.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about you, but there's just something about doing a project myself, then I know it's getting done correctly. :) Men just don't seem to have the same concern for doing things neatly and correctly the first time.

    ReplyDelete