The last couple of months I have been thinking about the past and here's some of the things running through my mind.
First of all, I met a special man on the internet and we were married 3 years later (2003). Yep 8 years (April 23) ago that we moved my stuff either into storage or into his home which is now our home. I have hunted and hunted for things over the years and it has been very difficult to find my things except what was put in the bedroom upstairs or into storage. So, I started thinking about cleaning things out and finding my valued things, parting with that not so valuable to me, and pitching what was worthless to me anymore.
I bet I've pitched approximately 12 large trash bags of things. I've donated at least 6 carloads of things to the local Salvation Army that once meant something to me, fit me (clothing) before I lost 47 pounds in the past 2 years, and just in general felt like sharing with others. I've sold some things, but had so many yard sales the year before (2010) that I just didn't want to tackle another!
So, then I got busy and shampooed carpets where I could and, in general, started taking more pride in what our home looks like. Oh, yes, we still have thing stacked, but there is some organization to the chaos I was feeling prior to my cleaning spree.
So I have our couch moved into the TV room so there's more room for visitors to sit and chat a spell. I have my antique Duncan Phyfe buffet in the TV room and have my arts, crafts, and some scrapbooking supplies stored away in there, where I'm thinking I should be able to find them at will now.
Things are definitely looking better as I begin to look toward the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment