Now I put the past behind me and look forward to the future. Things I'm looking forward to are as follows:
Being married to Jeff for many a year to come. He is my rock and my dearest friend who stands by me through thick and thin (thankfully lately physically it has been thinner [about 50 pounds thinner]) and financially thicker, but he's doing a fantastic job of helping me in that capacity. What a guy!
Now I have the downstairs pretty much under control at least to my satisfaction. Will still pick at it a little here and there. But heading up the stairs, I want to hang some pictures in the stairway. May have to enlist hubby to help me do that as I'm on the short side and he can reach much higher than I.
I have my bedroom to clean thoroughly next and thank goodness there is air conditioning for that task.
I also need to finish hanging curtains in my upstairs bathroom and the shower curtains and start cleaning off the walls to repair them. Guess, I got that a little turned around. Better hold on hanging those curtains or at least take them down when I start chipping off the junk that is currently curling and occasionally falling off up there. Am sure hoping my niece from Barnard can help me repair what I need repairing. I'm betting that she can. She's not afraid to tackle just about any project whereas I'm skeptical on starting something that I know so little about doing. Once I get started and with a little encouragement I an Gun-ho.
Then there is more shampooing to do upstairs and the stairway to be vacuumed. Lots to do yet, but gives me incentive to get out of bed in the mornings (just wish it wasn't quite so early as of late at 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, or 4:00 a.m.). The good thing about early morning hours right now is that it isn't quite so hot in this house that only has 2 small room air conditioners. I have a reasonably cool office where I spend most of my time anyway, and a nice cool bedroom for sleeping. I wouldn't survive at all if I had to sleep in this heat. Jeff wouldn't recognize the bitch I would become if I had to endure that feat. I'm definitely not a hot weather fan. I can dress warmer in the winter, but there's only so much you can take off in the summer and still be decent if someone knocks on your front door. lol
After I get all these heavy duty jobs tackled and squared away FlyLady.com will help be stay organized and get my routine cleaning done. FlyLady is a great site in case anybody is interested. At least it sure helps me bunches.
Then I can look forward to having more time to get those memoirs written on a more regular basis that I have floating around in my head just waiting to get put on paper to be shared with family. Also I have located 4 tapes on which I have interviews with my mother that I want to re-record on mini cassettes so I can transcribe them. I'm thinking this may be hard as I listen to her voice again 8 years after her passing. But she did such a great job of answering questions that I MUST get this chore accomplished. And I am excited about this task!!
So, in pausing to review, I see there is much to look forward to in my future.
Am praying to be cancer-free again this year and hoping to throw a party with my family and close friends in the spring of next year to celebrate if this is the case. {Too cold in November to celebrate--weather too iffy}.
So closing this blog to get started as soon as tomorrow on the upstairs. Too hot to work up there much today probably as it is already noon here in the middle of Kansas and no relief in sight yet for the heat wave we have been having for countless days and nights.
Here's a toast to you all with a cool smoothie. May it be as refreshing as my life is right now.
Looking forward to sharing in your life via your blogging.
ReplyDelete